As many of you have already heard, the President and Cabinet have asked the Planning & Budget Leadership Committee to solicit ideas from the campus community on possible cost saving measures. The PBLG is therefore convening a series of meetings on campus.
- Background: Cuts in state and federal funding are occurring to higher education across all areas throughout the institutions. Before cuts are randomly and indiscriminately imposed upon us, we need the opportunity to manage our own space and provide input, feedback and suggestions as to what may be done across PSU and within our areas to assist with cost savings.
- The Charge: To collect thoughts, ideas and suggestions related to potential cost savings measures from PSU’s OS, PAT and faculty campus constituencies.
- The Process: Utilize the mechanisms established within the PBLG strategic planning process to collect the input and feedback. The attendees at each meeting will be divided into smaller groups. The groups will then be asked a few questions to assist in collecting thoughts and suggestions as to potential cost savings measures PSU could utilize.
- Where: For PATs – Tuesday, March 22, Heritage Commons, 12 noon to 1:00.
- Details: Please arrive as close to 12:00 as possible so that the meeting can proceed and end by 1:00. There will be refreshments served (drinks and dessert; you may bring your lunch if you want).
- Follow-up: The PBLG will be the primary group for retrieving information across constituent groups and be responsible for reviewing, evaluating, analyzing, and prioritizing the ideas and concepts before being submitted to the President's Cabinet by April 1st.
We hope to see you there.
- Scott Mantie & Linda Dauer