Administrator Selection Task Forces
Per PSU policy, elected faculty members should comprise the majority of most Administrator Selection Task Forces. The Faculty Steering Committee shall consult with the administration, as well as representatives of the Student Senate, PAT Senate, and O.S. Senate, to determine the appropriate composition for each task force.
Two PAT representatives to any potential Task Force will be elected by the PAT Senate annually. A first and second representative will fill the first two positions on any new Task Force created during their annual term of election barring any special Task Force requirements such as representation from a specific division, department or office. In cases where there is a special Task Force requirement for specific representation, a special election shall be held for the needed representation given sufficient time (minimum two weeks’ notice) otherwise the PAT Speaker may solicit volunteers to appoint as representatives to meet the Task Force’s special requirements.
PAT representatives who start serving on a given Task Force shall serve for the duration of the Task Force as specified by the Faculty Steering Committee even if the Task Force functions beyond the expected annual term of the elected representatives.
The Steering Committee shall call a special election to create a Task Force to search for each of the following positions as needed:
(1) Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs
(2) Vice President for Financial Affairs
(3) Vice President for Student Affairs
(4) Executive Director of University Relations
(5) Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Studies
(6) Associate Vice President for Graduate Studies
(7) Dean of Students
(8) Senior Associate Director of Admissions
(9) Chief Information Officer
(10) Academic Deans (such as the Dean of the Frost School, the Dean of Undergraduate Studies, the Dean of the Academic Experience)
Each Task Force shall follow Human Resources guidelines for searches.
For Presidential searches, the USNH Trustees shall consult with the Steering Committee to elect faculty members to the search committee.
If you are not comfortable posting replies online, please email Phil Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org